All students applying for financial aid at Occidental are required to apply for the appropriate state and federal grant programs. California residents apply by completing the FAFSA and the GPA Verification Form. All grant awards are combined with other resources to meet financial need.

The Federal Pell Grant is a federal student aid program for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. 

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a federal program that helps undergraduate students with the greatest financial need. Priority is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients. 

The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) awards Cal Grants A and B to California residents as determined by eligibility requirements set by the state of California.